In Dulci Jubilo is happy to announce the Art, Poetry and Essay contest for 2016. The contest is open to all 4th and 5th graders Berkeley Unified School District. Students are invited to express their ideas through art, poetry, or essay. Contest details here.
This year’s theme is “When we opened the box…” The deadline for entries is Thursday March 3, 2016. The awards ceremony will take place Thursday April 14, 2016 at Thousand Oaks Elementary School, at 840 Colusa Avenue in Berkeley. You can enjoy the artwork, poetry and essays from 6:30 to 7:00 pm, at the reception, and then the program will be held from 7-8 pm. We look forward to seeing you there.
Here is a list of box-related books to inspire your 4th or 5th grader:
- Chloe by Peter McCarty
- Not a Box by Antoinette Portis
- A Box Story by Kenneth Kit Lamug
- Henry’s Freedom Box by Ellen Levine
- The Gift of Nothing by Patrick McDonnel
- The Keepers: The Box and the Dragonfly by Ted Sanders
- Bigger than a Bread Box by Laura Snyder
- Secrets of a Christmas Box by Steven Hornby
- The Secret Box by Whitaker Ringwald
- Pandora the Curious (Goddess Girls) by Joan Holub
- Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass
- King Mertagon’s Box by Rebecca Ann Wilkes
- The Hundred Penny Box by Sharon Bell Mathis